Mystery Case, one of two

<p><strong>Hi All.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>An auction purchase of a Canon F-1 brought a freebie case that is for an unknown model. It is an “Eveready” type design where the top flips back and is retained to the lower base piece by a stud that slides in a socket on the base piece. The flip-back top is labeled Canon on the front and “seems” to fit properly as part of the case system. I cannot guarantee that this entire assembly IS for a Canon model, though.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>I do not have any way to link to a URL so am unable to post a photo. That really creates an issue for me describing it in words. “A photo is worth a thousand words.” Yeah, if only.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>The base part that holds the camera body is unmarked, is very heavy stiff black leather, and hinged on the bottom to tilt the back of that piece out 90 degrees. Its interior surfaces are very nicely flocked. The camera is retained to the front part by the bottom ledge that contains the 1/4" thumbscrew, as many cases have. The hinge on the bottom is a nice metal piano-type hinge with 8 total rivets on one side of the camera retention 1/4" screw and 4 rivets on the other. The tilt-out halves are retained together by two snap-straps on the upper parts of the case, near where the camera strap lugs would be placed. Just below where the lens would protrude is a formed ‘bulge’ in the case that “might” be for where a winder/motor attachment screw may protrude? (This bulge seems to be an impressed area that was manufactured that way, not caused by other means.) And perhaps the most identifying feature of this case: On the rear right side, about one inch in from the side, is a rivet with a 3/16” hole in it that sits in an angled section of the case. That angles area is bulged out from the case and seems to be for a winder or such attachment for the camera. The rivet with a hole indicates to me a port access for a battery supply or charger for the camera or for its winder/motor drive?</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>Wow this is such a pain, not being able to post a nice large photo of it. I hope my description is helpful to assist with having someone identify what this case would fit. It does not fit my any of my Canon F-1 series, A-1, AE-1, AE-1P, or EF model.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>Does anyone know the application for this case? I would gladly give it to anyone who has the camera system for it.</strong></p>

"My film died of exposure."

<p>From the description, it sounds like the Canon Action Case A. This was a very useful design for the Canon A-1 (it could also be used with the AE-,AT-1 or AE=1P) with a Power Winder A attached.<br /> The hinged back allowed the user to change film and power winder batteries with out removing the case. It worked very well and I have acquired one a few years back to go with my A-Series bodies.<br /> Ed</p>

<p><strong>Hey, thank you very much for the responses, guys.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>Ed, your photo is exactly what I have. I was too dumb to think about trying my Power Winder A on a camera to check. That just never dawned on me. A perfect fit, just remove the action grip from the camera. The notch on the case side matches up to the winder ON-OFF switch and the rivet with hole is to view the winder LED status.</strong><br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>Great protection for my collection of A-1’s, AE-1’s and AE-1P’s.</strong></p>

"My film died of exposure."