Firmware update for 7D mark2

gerald_wallace

<p>Firmware update version 105 for the EOS 7D mark 2 camera is supposed to provide a "fix" for the Canon 16-35mm series 1 lens which I have (but rarely use). I'm currently having trouble installing the firmware update even though I downloaded the firmware update on to my SDXC card and attempted the installation per Canon's instructions? The software installation on to the SDXC card has been verified. Next, I installed the card into the camera, set the camera to the number 2 setting for SDXC, moved to the firmware site and depressed the SET button to select "OK". The results is nothing changes, the current (old) firmware issue of 103 continues to be shown? I welcome any suggestions that will lead to a successful firmware installation. Thanks for your help. (Not sure if this is the correct forum - canon or Misc.)?</p>

<p>I can't help you with your problem, other than to say that I'd start of with a CF card that's been reformatted in the camera.</p>

<p>You're talking about he old update, v. 1.0.5, right? If there's a newer v., I haven't heard of it and I don't see it on the Canon USA site. </p>

<p>I would call Canon and ask them to walk you through it. A quick googling brought the following about the previous version from a Canon forum. It might or might not be helpful in this case</p>

<p> </p>

<h1>Re: New Canon EOS 7D Mark II Firmware 1.0.4 available</h1>

<p > ‎05-17-2015 03:10 AM <br>

Thanks to William at Technical Support. He provided some reset steps to take (see below line) that fixed the problem and allowed me to upgrade to 1.0.4. After following his steps I once again formated both the CF and SD cards in the camera. This time I copied the FIR file to the SD card and only put the SD card into the camera before doing the firmware upgrade. Thank you very much William.<br>

_________________________________________</p>

<p>Power Reset<br>

1. Make sure the camera is off, and then remove the battery, memory card, and lens.<br>

2. Close the battery/memory card doors.<br>

3. Turn the power switch to the "ON" position, and then press and hold down the shutter button for 10 seconds.<br>

4. Release the shutter button, turn the power switch to the "OFF" position, reinsert the battery, memory card, and attach the lens.<br>

5. Power the camera on.<br>

Settings Reset<br>

1. While the camera is on turn the mode dial to "P" (Program mode), which allows all menu options to become available, then press the menu button.<br>

2. Move across the top of the menu to the last wrench tab. (Yellow tabs)<br>

3. Go down the menu list to "Clear Settings" and press the Set button.<br>

4. Choose "Clear all Camera Settings", and press the set button.<br>

5. To complete the reset highlight "OK" and press the Func./Set button again.<br>

6. Next, move over to the Custom Functions menu list.<br>

7. Reset the "Clear all Custom Func." settings as well.<br>

Before attempting the update again remove the lens from the camera body.</p>

<p>First, thank you for your responses. Dan, I performed the Power Reset and Settings Reset procedures as listed and was not successful in updating the camera's firmware - I'm now back to version 1.0.2. I will try to reinstall the previous firmware versions and then attempt installation of version 1.0.5.( I'm not sure there is a need to reinstall previous version if I can install version 1.0.5). Thanks for your attempt to help; I'll get back with you when I can get a successful version update installation?</p>

<p>Gerald:<br>

When you download the firmware, along in the zipped file, Canon has included the update procedures for PCs and Macs. Have you read it?<br>

What Dan wrote is the reset procedure to factory presets (so you can start 'fresh' again).<br>

I include the Canon USA link below<br>

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_7d_mark_ii#DriversAndSoftware<br>

Hope it helps.</p>

<p>Regards,<br>

Paul</p>