Experience with Profoto StickLight?

bhh_studios

<p>Does anyone have any experience using a Profoto StickLight? I would be really interested in seeing some photos showing examples of how it was used. It is a super special application head and I can't seem to find anything online of people using them.<br>

Thanks in advance! </p>

<p>I have 2 Profoto Acute2 packs, 5 heads and a mono as well as access to my studio-mate's 7 line and D4. I wanted this light as a more portable background light for travel and for tight spaces and for building my own little light fixtures for small sets (foamcore, Cinefoil, Rosco diffusion).<br>

But I wound up getting a Dynalite pack and 2 pencil lights for half the price of one Profoto light. The Dynalite is only 1000 w/s versus the Profoto 2400, but the lights are used so close to the subject or background, that I'm dialed way down any way.<br>

Beware when putting either one in an enclosure, there are no fans. But there's no modeling light and you can only pump so much power per minute through one.<br>

The Dynalite comes with a 180 reflector, but only short cables. You can get extensions and still be well below the cost of the Profoto.</p>