New Spectecular Adapter Nikon AF lens on Sony A7

ilmilco

<p>Commlite is working on an adapter that will support autofocus, and diafragm control for nikon lenses on Sony A7 series camera's. Commlite has informed me that conform current planning this adapter will become available around mid March 2016.<br>

For me this would be an awesome addtition to the kit i use.<br>

I have many Nikon lenses and would be very happy to use this on my A7R camera.</p>

<p>More info for those who are interested :<br>

http://www.commlite.com/en/product_show.php?id=205&img_sl_lm1=upimg/2015112012350794.jpg&title_lm=E-Mount%20Ring&title=CM-ENF-E%281%29</p>

<p>This adapter, if it should prove successful, will give full use of Nikon lenses on a Sony A7 body. If you have a collection of Nikon lenses but prefer the smaller footprint and superior image quality of the Sony, you have the best of both worlds. At least fill the gap until you compare native Sony/Zeiss lenses with results from Nikon lenses.</p>

<p>Alternately, you could use a Sony A7 as a backup for your Nikon. That's how it worked for me, until the tail started wagging the dog.</p>

<p>if the CM-ENF-E(1) product is good quality, for sure i will purchase a commlite adapter.<br>

It will enable me to use my beautiful Nikon glas on the ILCE-7RM2.<br>

For the Sony camera there are not that many lenses yet available, for nikon i have some of their high-end lenses. Best of both worlds ....</p>

<p> </p>

• 7 months later...

<p>Eric Arnold, i do have a full production unit now.<br>

When bought it was equipped with firmware version 2.<br>

With the help of a youtube video i did the upgrade with firmware version 4.<br>

It is required to mount a Nikon AF lens on the adapter during firmware upgrade, i used a 50mm 1.4 AF-S.<br>

The first lenses i have tried are working smooth and ok.<br>

Now i need to start testing which lenses are working and which do not.<br>

I am very curious to check in the coming days my fish eye lenses ...<br>

In case of any questions just let me know.</p>