is this a good buy Nikon 28-300 Ml Zoom 3.5 / 5.6

harold21664885450

<p>Hi Harold<br>

That is a very nice FX lens and I use that with my Nikon D750. It would be a great addition if you plan on upgrading to an FX body at some point.<br>

<br />If a DX body is in your future for a while, you might want to consider the 18-300mm Nikon DX lens (there are two versions). It gives some additional wide angle view compared to the lens you are considering. When I was using my Nikon D200 (DX body), I had the 18-200mm DX lens (the 300mm version was not available) and I found the 18mm point quite valuable for close quarters shooting of groups.<br>

<br />Of course this is all balanced between using a single zoom lens to cover the wide range of situations vs also consider other zooms or primes in the mix.<br>

<br />Just my opinion of course.</p>

<p>Good and allround do not mix well; if optical performance is the biggest concern, zoomlenses with a wide zoomrange are best avoided. Considering it's a 11x zoom, the 28-300VR is certainly a good lens. But in absolute terms, it's certainly not without its flaws, and not all that cheap nor small either.<br>

On a DX camera, a lens that starts at 28mm is fairly limiting, as you'll have very little wide angle. I assume you already have some lenses with your D300, in which case you can check for yourself how do-able it is for you to have 28mm as the widest option. For me, it wouldn't work. In addition, DX lenses as the 18-300 mentioned are cheaper too. If you want a decent step up in quality, the 16-85VR and 18-140VR are optically better, they have a bit less zoomrange though.<br>

But maybe it would help if you could add which lenses you already own, that could help understanding which option could be worth considering.</p>

<p> <br>

<br>

Buddu buy Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR<br>

FX, 35mm & DX. Replaces all Nikon FX lenses!<br>

Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR (77mm filters, 28.1 oz./796g, 1.6'/0.5m close focus, about $960). enlarge. The biggest source of support for this free website is when you use these links, especially this link directly to this lens at Adorama, at Amazon and at Ritz when you get anything, regardless of the country in which you live. I bought mine, as shown and tested here, off the shelf at Adorama. Thank you! Ken.</p><div>00dc0b-559467584.thumb.jpg.58fedf3a288dd9004485e8454373fc81.jpg</div>