ViewNX2 - Transfer

erik_christensen3

<p>I want the following settings in the latest version of the above software:<br>

File Naming:<br>

Prefix: None<br>

Suffix: New name+Original name<br>

so the the file name should read as follows:<br>

Date shot_Original name_.nef<br>

however, I cannot avoid having the Traling number included, which does not say<br>

me anything, for which reason I want to avoid it.<br>

How can I avoid it?</p>

<p>And after a couple of minutes it becomes clear to me that you might set the transfer to act as follows:<br>

1. naming option: none(left hand side radio button) + none (1. drop down menu)<br>

2. naming option: Date shot (from the 2. drop down)<br>

3. naming option: Original name as the suffix (right hand side radio button)<br>

With these you may not get the trailing underscore. Please test before taking into use ;-)</p>

<p>I thank both of your for your efforts and comments, but unfortunately the trailing No. still appears. I will check if one of my friends still have an old version of the ViewNX2, which does have this 'facility', which I do not see the purpose for, but on the other hand, many of us have a different work flow preference.</p>

<p>Indeed those trailing numbers seem to be eager to pop in.<br>

Used a couple of more minutes and found out that you might avoid the trailing numbers id you chose Date/Time Shot in the center pull down menu. Then if you have the original name as the Suffix, you (might in most cases) avoid getting duplicates.<br>

Transfer says:"Training number added only if it is necessary to make unique name." This is when Date/Time is one part of the new name.<br>

It is possible to get what you want, but editing the name for each transfer session is not feasible.</p>

<p>Test and see what the sample name in the upper part of the window shows.</p>

<p>Kari Oinonen - thank you very much for you assistance/help. It is not exactly what I want as the time is not important for me, but may be for others in connection with gps-tracking. However, I tried various alternatives, and it turns out on my PC, that for the date/time the time is when it is transferred from CF card to PC and not as shot! I do not have any photos on my cards from yesterday or earlier, so I do not know yet it the date shot also will the date transferred, but I will check that tomorrow before I go on a week photo trip (without internet -:))</p>

<p>Kari Oinonen - it is functioning !! it change the time and today it also change the date, however, that is only in the example shown, when you actually transfer the photo, the correct data are linked to the photo! So now I need to take a management decision: trailing nos. or time - I do not need/like any of these -:)<br>

Thank you for your time and assistance.</p>