Chadt prototype 8x11 camera

MTC Photography

Very interesting, but it gives rise to a question - what value is there to new cameras in this format given the increasing difficulty of obtaining film or film processing for them? I have read somewhere that Minox US sales are up but MPL remains the sole US processor and Minox no longer makes developing tanks and enlargers.Compare this to 35mm, where film and processing remain readily available. Gives one pause...

Martin:

Looks like the only way to go is to do it yourself. In that regard,I have been thinking of doing my own BW work. I have searched the web on this and it appears that developing tanks remain available from different sources.

At my mother's house, in the garage, sits a Leitz enlarger which has not seen the light of day in about 35 years.It is probably a Focomat Ic - I remember my late father making excellent BW prints in the 1950's when I was a toddler. I have no idea what shape it is in and I'm not very optimistic. I'm not enen sure there is a lens on board.

The question - assuming the enlarger is salvageable, what would I need to use it for Minox work (I would also like to develop 35 mm BW from my Leica)? It appears that Leitz did make a Minox negative carrier for the Ic and there is some mention of a 15mm extension tube. Since my dad worked only in 35mm, I doubt he had either of these. As always, thanks in advance for any comments.

Alexander

<p>You have a piece of jewel, Focomat certainly makes an excellent

enlarger for Minox negatives too<p>

I think it is screwmount Leica thread, you can find inexpensive enlarger lens with focal length under 25mm, that will make enlarging

Minox negative convenient.<p> Minox carrier for Leitz enlarger shows

up from time to time on ebay, watch out.

i agree that the pictures look very good, and the camera is a beautiful design exercise. still, i have to wonder about the market potential of it. if the population of dedicated minox fans were large enough to form a secure market base for a new competitor, i don't know that minox itself would have led such a tenuous existence over the past decades. the finest subminiature design, i think, is still the original minox (Riga through AX).... both in terms of technical performance and sleekness of the package design. unless someone comes up with something that actually is superior to it, i can only envision a limited number of collector/enthusiasts who will take the bait.... and most of them have their savings now tied up in tiny replicas of leicas, nikons and rolleis.

:)=