Someone asked for a useful bag for carrying micro 43 cameras. My latest hits the right notes

GerrySiegel

I did this photo to answer someone on a Facebook forum of OMD users. The Think Tank company has a line of

Mirrorless Mover compact bags. I have been using their Mirrorless Mover 20 for six months. I wanted one a

little big larger to accomodate the EM-1 with battery grip, and even hold a tablet. Mirrorless Mover 30i for

about $70 dollars seems to answer my needs. It is roomy enough but not large. But more important, the tethers

are reinforced stitching. And the shoulder strap clips let the thing hang level balanced, positioned well... The flap zipping out is a

good idea. It will take a couple lenses and a flash. That will make the lot kind of heavy but if you need one

camera, one small lens you can put your wallet, bus route and a small sack lunch in the top. Note that the

cameras nest deep enough so no chance of them spilling as you exit the bus or motor launch. Has a hand grip on top of the flap that if firmly stitched and pouches of varying kinds...Clearly designed by

photographers and I can recommend this one for value for moneh. ( the slot in back for a waist belt ahem is for those with a bigger bum than yours truly:-0) Not the cheapest but worth the money..gs<div>00dWEG-558683684.jpg.f31239471ada9a83268720618716ec7b.jpg</div>

<p>I have what I'm guessing might be a slightly larger bag, but haven't checked actual specs. It's the Think Tank Sub Urban Disguise 30. I opted for the slightly larger bag so it could share double duty with my Fuji gear, which is somewhat larger.</p>

<p>No question that Think Tank makes quality gear. I have been pleased with everything I ever bought from them.</p>

One other feature of the flip away from body is that one can actually work out of the bag. Even when it is on the shoulder. Hardware looks solid. I added a couple pull ties to the zipper. Zipper in main compartment has to turn 90 degrees and that is often a design challenge. In this bag TT has pretty well solved that geometry. A tip of the Tilly chapeau to them guys.

If your M4/3 carry kit is somewhat more minimal, you may find the Lowepro Streamline 100 is a good and extremely compact choice. Here

it is with the EPL3 + Panny 14mm, the Zuiko 45mm in the other section, and room on top for the VF-3 viewfinder and EPL flash unit (not

shown), the spare battery goes in the outer pocket, and that little flap in the centre holds an extra card as well as having a built-in lens

cloth. This bag would also be good with the Panny GM cameras.<div>00dWHW-558689584.jpg.3cc326f85e8b9f861cfe39fdcea0b364.jpg</div>

That Streamline looks to be a great value indeed, Brian. I had to give up and decide to take my iPAD with me most of the time and a hassle carrying a separate little neoprene pouch. I got too many carrying devices. I am a sucker for the tote brigade. But I still have a 30 year old Domke original canvas bag. My bro in law called it then ' the mark of the serious photographer.' Hah. Has some airplane seat gunk on it and well worn. So I guess it is. Like the brassing Nikon shooters bragged to acquire..Just random reminiscences.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I have found the think tank has always been a great bag. I use the retrospective 5 for my GH4 + a few lenses. Great grab bag.<br>

Lowepro are bringing out some really interesting new designs that make the "Camera Bag" look less obvious. <br>

Check out a vid from the past Digital show in Melbourne over the weekend. <br>

https://www.facebook.com/croydoncamerahouse/videos/1186073208076819/<br>

The new street range looks very interesting. <br>

Never enough bags is never a problem haha.</p>