Plustek Optic Film 120

<p>Wondering if any members here have used the above scanner and what their results and experiences are. I use a Plustek Optic Film 7600 to scan 35mm film and have found it superior to my Epson 4990 scanner. I suspect that the results would be the same with the Epsons 700, 750, and 800. I currently use the 4990 to scan 120 film but was wondering if there was a better affordable alternative (less than $2K).</p>

<p>Just read the review of the Braun and it appears to be the best of the "affordable" scanners. The only problem is that it does not scan 4x5 film. One would think that for the $2K that the Braun costs, Epson or someone else could make a flatbed high end scanner that would do 4x5, 120, and 35mm film. Probably a reflection of how few people use film nowadays.</p>

<p>A problem I see with all modern scanners is that they are "pre-focused". This includes film scanners. Although they are relative focused, they won't perfectly focus. Also, none of the modern scanners bring glass carriers to be able to keep your film perfectly flat across the scanning plane. The only scanner I'm aware of that both can focus and had a glass carrier was the discontinued Nikon Supper Coolscan 9000, which goes for astronomical prices today on ebay.</p>

<p>That said, you will probably get decent scans from the Plustek, it should certainly be better than anything you'll ever get from a flatbed, which is just garbage. I suggest if you're curious just order one on Amazon, and if it doesn't meet your standards, you can send it back.</p>