EOS-1n Type "B" or not?

robert_hill11

<p>Good Day All, I am not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes. I have a EOS-1n and am trying to get the YN622C-TX with a YN622C to work in the standard TTL mode....for some reason, I have to use "Legacy" mode, which pretty much turns it into a plain trigger with remote power settings ability. Now all of the manuals/guides etc state that this body is a type B and the YN622C-TX SHOULD revert to standard TTL with this body type. Any ideas? Even when used with my 430EZ, it will not give me ANY form of TTL...justs blasts away at full power.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>The 430EZ works just fine in the camera's hot shoe...but when I use the YN622C-TX with the speedlite in the hot shoe of the YN622C transceiver, I have to put the YN622C-TX in "legacy" Fn 04 mode to get the 430EZ OR a YN500EX to even fire!! Rather frustrating that the radio devices will not "dumb down" to standard Canon TTL mode...btw....the YN500EX will not fire at all when in the camera's hot shoe. Same result from my T90 as well....</p>

<p>The EOS-1N is indeed a Type B body; it supports A-TTL and TTL but not E-TTL. Any genuine Canon flash with an E in its model name should work in at least TTL mode, with EZ units providing A-TTL in applicable situations.</p>

<p>Having no experience with Yongnuo equipment, I can't tell you why it isn't working. Maybe since it's been (rough guess here) close to two decades since the last time Canon released a new Type B body, Yongnuo didn't put much effort into testing such a configuration?</p>