Nikon Nikkor 50mm F/1.4 MF Lens

kaliuzhkin

<p>I have a few 50mm lenses - f1.2, f1.4, f1.8 and f2. In general I always pick the AI lenses for their longer focus throw. They're just easier to focus accurately. Have a 50mm f1.2 AIS I bought new but would rather have the AI version. I think I paid about $100 for my 50mm f1.4 AI and it's in decent shape.</p>

<p>AI-S is <strong>AI</strong> for <strong>S</strong>hutter priority. Personally I never use shutter speed priority or program mode so for me it makes no sense to look for ai-s lenses, regardless of using them on film or digital.</p>

<p>No one motioned that the 50 f1.4 is a much smaller and lighter lens than the f1.2. I don't know if it makes a difference to the OP.</p>

<p>I like having a shade on the 50mm lenses, especially the shorter ones as it is easy to touch the front element by mistake. I think you should factor in a shade in the price, if one is not included.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/36977-GREY/Nikon_1433_Normal_50mm_f_1_4_AIS.html">New 50mm f1.4 AIS</a> on B&H is $399 BTW. </p>