Does the IS work with the Olympus EPL-1 and 25 f/1.7?

mark_stephan2

<p>Yes, (I have an EPM-1, similar generation), it shouldn't even be necessary to set the focal length, the camera knows just how to run the IS for any µ43 lens you put on it.</p>

<p>It's not as good as the IS in the EM-5, but it is not so bad.</p>

<p>That lens is a STEAL right now. I didn't buy one because I prefer the 20mm f1.7 which I already have.</p>

<p>As far as I know B&H says I'm getting my lens on December 3rd. When I get it I'll let others know. Thanks for the info regarding the EPL-1 and IS. It'll probably replace the kit lens that came with my G-1. The kit lens was the 14-45 OIS which I think is a great walk about lens.</p>

<p>Any µ 43 lens works in all modes on any µ 43 camera as long as it's an AF lens (as ALL current Olympus and Panasonic lenses are). It's a multi-brand standard, so you need not worry about those functions.</p>

<p>I do, however, believe that some panasonic lenses don't get auto-corrected for everything (fringing, vignetting) on Olympus bodies and vice versa. But when I use my panasonic lens on my Olympus bodies, it gives me fantastic pics.</p>