Contax-Yashica-Adapter-Problem SOLVED! K+F CONCEPT

michael_przewrocki2

<p>I have found the right affordable adapter to hold all Contax/Yashica-mount-lenses.<br>

This after i have found out that the High Precision one from Optixpcb is the same ......like the NOname one i already had. the lens-locker blade is too thin and thus not strong enough to hold the lenses.<br>

K+F Concept is the right one! totally different design.<br>

I have the non-chipped one. will ask optixpcb to get one and add their newest v7-chip(3 lens-configuration)<br>

Adapter-testing-mounting on all my zeiss and one sigma(with worn-out slot)<br>

1. every lens worked fine except zeiss planar 85/1.4(heavy lens). mounting was ok but lens slipped out of the adapter when focussing-ring reached the end. slot is worng out a but which could cause problem on certain adapters.<br />Like i had to do with the dandelion from peleng8 i had to bend i the lever/blade/spring a bit. its now not in a normal curve like from production-time. with the dandelion-chipped adapter from peleng8 its was a bit different:<br />i had to bend the spring inwards almost after ever lens-change. in the meantime i was only testing lens, no real shootings. at the end, after 2-3 years that blade broke. so i will return it.<br>

I must now observe if pressure to the bent blade could cause the same breaking of the spring. i dont think so. material is looking hardened.<br>

My Zeiss 85/1.4 from 20 years was not used very much like i used the 35/1.4. we had to replace the mount on 35/1.4. This should also be done for the 85/1.4 now. But i have found a workaround.<br />a) bending in the spring. it will now sit in the corner of the slot.<br>

as default it would sit at the open end of the slot and will slip-out. But bending in was not enough.<br>

b) i took a fine square file and filed the affected side flat plus(holding the edge to the material) i cut i little slit into the lens-mount-slot. Not its perfectly holding.<br /><br />Leitax<br />I am in constant contact with him. NB: he has now also Zeiss AE-lens-options(not for all AE-lenses). AEG=germany AEJ= japan made<br>

He-for his adapters is delivering dandelion-chips with positioning tool.<br>

It would be nice to have the same for optixpcb. their chip is easy programmable. easier than EMF and Dandelion. There is a third chinese chip which leitax is mentioning but he cannot review.<br>

I also have a M42-optixpcb. next will be focus-programming. without precise focus-confirmation one is quitely lost. even at f-2.8 at 9m. focussing with viewfinder is never accurate.<br>

Exposure<br />I could measure with P and AV plus shooting also with M<br>

P -1 2/3 up to -2 stops adjusted incamera<br>

AV -2/3 adjusted in camera<br>

M does not show exposure right use the same like AV -2/3 stops.<br>

Technical images from adapter will follow.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I also have found a second adapter which was fitting perfectly but<br>

1. on very stiff behaving sigma 28/1.8 higspeed wide multcoating aspherical(wonderful lens) i had to bend in finally also lens-locker. and then i just found out:<br>

2. ITS NOT FOCUSSING TO INFINITY. not even 200m<br />its this one:<br />ebay #371148184919<br />cenyonline<br />elec-mall<br />(ecamcity)<br>

DONT BUY ever, only maybe if you need one which is clear mirror on EOS 5D or 6D. but infinity not in focus fully open.</p>

<p>BIG REVISION regarding INFINITY FOCUS:<br />Its mostly not the adapters.<br>

Pls FORGET this and concentrate on youR decalibrated lenses:<br />2. ITS NOT FOCUSSING TO INFINITY. not even 200m<br />its this one:<br />ebay #371148184919<br />cenyonline<br />elec-mall<br />(ecamcity)<br /> DONT BUY ever, only maybe if you need one which is clear mirror on EOS 5D or 6D. but infinity not in focus fully open.<br>

e.g my two 50/1.zeiss and 28/1.8 sigma does not focus to infinity with the above adapter. not even 350m.<br>

Lenses must be recalibrated or BETTER:<br>

Getting K+F CONCEPT-adapter, why:<br>

Its focussing BEYOND INFINITY, YES! So be aware.<br>

This will compensate lens-decablibration.</p>

<p>SORRY: wrong link. could someone delete old message:<br />hav finally found producer of K+F CONCEPT adapter: was hardly visible on package:<br />http://www.kentfaith.com<br>

Have measured thickness of the three adapters:</p>

<ul>

<li>1. K+F CONCEPT (goes beyond infinity): 0.93mm</li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>2. DSLREXCHANGE(made for mirror-cleaning): 1.54</li>

</ul>

<p>out of production-the only one with screws<br>

very surprised how far it can go despite some lenses not reaching infinity i was told.<br>

can only measure up to 350m at the moment.</p>

<ul>

<li>3.Elecmall : 1.57mm</li>

</ul>

<p>They do not say its made for mirror-cleaning. Not focussing to infinity at all.<br>

Sigma 28/1.8 is focussing to 9m only.<br>

when i have the right micrometer i will measure more precisely.<br />I am very surprised that some of my Zeiss AE lenses are not at all calibrated. cannot reach infinity.</p>

<p>The three adapters i mentioned have this size-thickness. need a micrometer to measure it more precisely since my <br /> digital caliper cannot measure directly when there is a rim. <br /> <br /> 1. K+F Concept: PLS CORRECT IN LAST LINK: 0.93MM is WRONG <br>

RIGHT: 1.41mm with 0.05mm(0.01mm tolerance) shim is now 1.46mm <br /> HAS rim= hard to measure precisely with only digital caliper instead of micrometer. but i will get one for sure.<br /> 2. DSLRExchange: 1.54mm I think i cannot reach infinity at least with not all lenses. its built for mirrorclearing. <br /> has rim but does not affect extension <br /> 3. ElecMall : 1.57mm- No focus to infinity at all. <br /> has no rim <br /> Remember: The lenses are badly calibrated. i will love the day when i can check that on a SLR. <br /> Does anyome know how to calibrate lenses-Zeiss contax/yashica. or the dam....d sigma which is totally decalibrated.<br /></p>