In light of recent posts and the relentless march of technology

<p>Eric, I have plenty of great equipment that gives great results. I admit I am hard headed and selective, but I enjoy it. I'm not just complaining in an idle fashion; I like the discussion. <br>

I took some pictures of my daughter's soccer game just tonight with the 5n and my Leica 35 cron aspherical that I bought 12 years ago used for $1,000. I realized tonight that the new Fuji 35 WR f2 looks a lot like my cron on the VC M to e mount adapter. I mean it is small in the front and gets larger to fit the mount, but overall, it is just so small and a darling to use. Thing is that this Leica lens I'm using is worth a lot, especially if I can get something comparable in Fuji for $399. I'm just applauding the new Fuji lens, but I haven't handled one, so I cant really attest to it, but I'm reluctant to "dump" a fantastic optic like my 35 cron aspherical on any sort of whim to get the next thing that might not really be as good.</p>

<p>i wouldnt dump the Cron to switch to Fuji before directly comparing them in use. and determining what constitutes "as good" is really a subjective/personal thing, and depends on other factors than sheer optical resolving power, such as how well it works with certain bodies and perhaps shooting style. i understand the emotional connection people have with M lenses, but how much of that actually translates to performance on today's digital bodies? at the end of the day, i think Fuji has some very good to excellent options for building a system, but whether that system works for you or not is entirely up to you. </p>