Chicago for a morning - what to photograph?

levon_b

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I'm going to have a free morning in Chicago in the next week or so, and was planning on spending the morning doing some photography. I used to live in the Loop, and spent a lot of time in the River North, West Loop, South Loop, Hyde Park, Ravenswood, Bucktown, Chinatown. Does anyone have any suggestions for places that I can spend a few hours walking around doing photography?</p>

<p>I'm taking either an X-Pro1 with a 27 or 35, or a Canon 7d with 17-85. I may be taking a Nikon F3 and 24mm loaded with Tri-X in addition to one digital camera.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!<br /><br /><br>

L.</p>

<p>It depends on what you want to get; some suggestions from my favorites are: 1 (shots along the river's edge, especially along the river as you head along the north branch - really great especially if there is slight haze or fog; 2)any of the rail lines/stations over by the Blommer Chocolate factory, 3) also the "L" or subway, 4) Millenium Park, 5) Wabash under the L tracks (have lunch at "Heaven on 7" while you're there), 6) shots from the Willis tower, 7) and architecture too plentiful to mention. Have a great time, and since it's the holiday season pick up some popcorn balls at one of the Garrett outlets (they usually have a holiday one at the Olgivie station too).</p>

Thanks, Stephen! Wabash under the L is one of my

favorite places to photograph. I used to buy all of

my film from Central Camera when I lived there. I'm

planning on heading to the Christmas market at

Daley Plaza at noon for some spiced wine and

lunch before I take off. How about Taylor street?

<p>I don't know about the safety factor there...I think the recent demonstrations haven't gotten into that area of the city, but in any case I'd check before heading out that way...mmm, just thinking of the restaurants there.</p>