Where to find lenses for Linhof Technika 2x3 6x9 Technika IV

kaliuzhkin

<p>So, which lensboard should I get? For such high-end equipment, I don't want to cut corners on the lensboard. So that rules out the cheap Chinese knockoffs. Now, about the ridge. Several of these lensboards have a circular ridge, and some are in different places. So, is any ridge required and if so, which?<br>

The lensboard on the Carl Zeiss lens currently on the camera does not have any ridges.</p>

<p>the thing about the ridge is that it is quite easy to make a lens board the right size in a simple workshop or even with just metal shears and a file. a flat board like this will work quite well. to put the ridge in needs a fairly large press and special tooling, so some 3rd party lens boards don't have a ridge. enjoy your lens.</p>

<p><strong>Problems with the lens</strong><br>

I received the lens <a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Schneider-Kreuznach-Symmar-S-105mm-F-5-6-Multicoating-Lens-/222041232802" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">(link)</a> and it has two problems: 1. It's focal length is 150mm, not 105mm; and 2. Something seems to be wrong with the lens.</p>

<p>The defect can be seen in the last picture of the listing. It appears behind the first lens, and looks like brassing or worn paint on a metal object. It goes all the way (360 degrees) around. Any idea what it is and how important a defect it is?<br>

I'm negotiating with the seller either to send him the lens for a full refund, or keep the lens for a discount. He's offered $100 back; I'll try to go for $150 back. If I want it with the defect. Note: 150mm lenses go for $125. and up on eBay. </p>

<p>as regards the defect, look up schneideritis. this effect around the edge of lenses looks weird but is considered harmless. if the seller is offering 100 dollars back on a purchase price of 197.50 you can't lose and you can use the lens.</p>

<p> </p>