Teleconverter

frode_inge_helland

<p>I have used FT-lenses, FT teleconverter and MFT-adapter on my E-M1.<br />It worked just fine.<br>

But is it possible to use a MFT teleconverter and a MFT adapter on the camera so<br />that the MFT converter will work with both FT and MFT lenses?</p>

<p>And I have a wish to Olympus:<br />Please get the aperture adjustment back to the lenses and a separate shutter dial on the camera.<br>

The present solution isn't good enough.</p>

<p>My first thought would be, it would not work. You have to mount the MFT adapter on the body, then the tele-converter, and I cannot remember if the rear elements on lenses like the 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 are inset far enough that would allow them to be mounted on the MC-14, or if the electronics are even designed to work together. If one wants to use four-thirds lenses, it would seem the better option would just be finding a second-hand 1.4x or 2x four-thirds teleconverter. I know that works. I used it for a brief period while I still owned the 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 SWD and both four-thirds TC's.</p>

<p>Far as the aperture ring vs. using the rear dial on my E-M1 and E-M5II, history can keep the aperture ring. I can't see one good reason to go back there.</p>

<p>Than you for the answers.<br>

I wrote an answer, but i seems to have evaporated completely.<br /><br /><br>

I try once more.<br>

On my 12-40 there is a manual/auto ring for choosing focusing mode. I ca swap swiftly between the two modes witout taking the viewer away from my eye.<br>

From my point of view a ring for choosing between autoexposure and a certain aperture without having to take the camera away from the eye, in my opinion, would be very useful.<br>

I do not see that fiddling with menues is a great progress.</p>

<p>If I could remember which way to turn the speed dial of my film Leica to get faster or slower speeds, I can jolly well memorise the M, S, A markings of my digital cameras. I don't do that because removing the finder from my eye and changing the setting is the work of two seconds.</p>