Changing aperture using lens on non-RZ-cams

michael_przewrocki2

<p>Want to use my 180mm RZ on Kiev 60 with bellows and special adapter, maybe with rebuilt rz-closeup-ring.<br>

I know only how to close shutter to stay in park-position and fully open.<br>

Fotodiox has a SLR/DSRL-adapter. I will no use that for my purpose obviously.<br>

But how can i change apertures.<br>

NB: my my tested setup(handholding lens to 20mm closeup-ring infront of bellows i can probably shoot between 80 and 10cm max. image-size. Thanks</p>

<p>could make the aperture working by opening shutter and set to T. aperture ring must be fixed by rubber-ring used in kitchen.<br />but after a new trial by using cable-release(seems so have no function when lens not on rz). main mounting ring was turning a bit with noise. it was hard turning. then i had two parts in my hands....<br>

later found a n omega-shaped piece of copper (contact blade?)with hole on the carpet. 24 x9 x5mm approx.</p>

<p>i know how to remove the ring. by removing rubber ring, releasing screws and take the ring away. later firmly attach/turn the tube-screws.<br>

must use heat from soldering machine to loosen tiny main screw.<br>

only dont know where is sitting the mentioned copper-contact blade.</p>

<p>Now i have it: except the copper-plate.<br>

no need to remove the ring, its not possible wiht me anyhow. by just turning the ring one has access to all screws to fasten the tube.<br>

cable-release-connector:<br />pin inside went off inside. its a sort of tube, open on one side. i remove the mechanisme from outside. reestablishing the pin not possible. it will fall out inside. closed side towards lens. How is this pin firmly attached? it seems nothing is broken. i only see that the cable-release tube is not complete at its end. showing only 40%. </p>

<p>option to insert from pc only AFTER message had been confirmed. very wierd. at least there must be an information when the url-version is showing up.<br />OK need to know:<br>

1) where must this copper-plate be placed inside lens<br>

2) how can this pin be attached inside the cable-release-tube without falling apart inside lens.<br>

could be that the two really belong together since there is a wall across the hole. and everything is carried when the two tube are in position. must show you the situation just in a minute. </p>

<div>00dkLl-560800784.thumb.jpg.44eae655b97c37038c8a1876b241340b.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>You could try using the stop down lever and taping it in the iris closed position then use the aperture ring to change the apertures.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This works. I do exactly this with RB67 and RZ67 lenses when I use them on my Mamiya 645AFD. There's no need to mess with T mode or mirror-up mode; you can just leave the lens shutter permanently cocked and hence always open (although this is probably not ideal if you intend to use the lens on an RZ/RB camera at some future date).</p>

<p>I easily made my own RZ/M645 adapter with a focusing helix for this purpose: <a href="http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/55563-rz67-rb67-lens-adapter-mamiya-phaseone-645-camera-diy-100-a.html">see my article on getdpi.com</a></p>

<p>Why all the fuss?<br />The two tubes got apart when i tried to mount and remove the lens cap. together with using and trying out what affect has using cable-release.<br>

i forced the ring there which should hold or give free the lens-cap. still dont know why this could happen. all of a sudden some strange noise i could hear and then lens was in two parts.<br>

will show you how they are connected. to leave the screw one the lens-tube on its counterpart(fronttube) there are not holes but slits..... so easy lens could fall apart when the screws are not tight anymore. In my opinion wrong design.</p>