Nikon Wednesday 2015: #49

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three images per week, so share some work!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>'Tis the season, as they say. While it's not for everyone, it's a few December weeks when some libation can be a good fit. A couple bottles of bourbon have migrated to the credenza behind my desk, and seem to have sprouted some sparkly seasonal lights. I suspect my wife was involved.<br /><br />Things getting decorous around your place? Share!<br>

</p><div>00dcki-559643584.jpg.3683eab8bb5d1c630be6bbddd928a7f8.jpg</div>

<p>Ah, now I <em>know</em> it was my wife, because in the small tree that has also sprouted next to my desk, there is a small but relatively sober-looking owl that is watching everything I do. He never blinks. I guess cocktails will have to wait until I get some more work done.</p><div>00dckj-559643684.jpg.a71ea1869267bf1bec5e54834e28cfc0.jpg</div>

<p>Fate dealt me an early Christmas present this year - a lame leg! I slipped and tore the patella ligament in my left leg, so this is pretty much the view I've had for the last two weeks. Hopefully the full-leg cast comes off today to be replaced with a knee-brace. Hurrah!</p>

<p>D7200 + 18-140mm kit lens + bounced on-camera flash.</p><div>00dclc-559645784.JPG.952966ab5d01a685eed3659d8dfced00.JPG</div>

<p>That's real commitment, RJ, living in full-on Tiny Tim character mode for the holidays. <br /><br />Matthew Curie: I'm a sucker for fog and for draft horses, so those are very satisfying.<br /><br />And the abstractions from John and Chris are doing it for me too. <br /><br />Thanks in advance to all who can take a little time out of this busy season to keep this weekly thread worth a visit. </p>

<p><a href="/photodb/user?user_id=2403817">Rodeo Joe</a>, sorry to learn about your leg injury. However, on the plus side, your eyes and fingers are fine. Therefore, it also means you have more time to spend on photo fora. :-)</p>

<p>Sally Lightfoot Crab (<em >Grapsus grapsus</em>) on Floriana Island, Galapagos<br>

<br>

Nikon D750 with 105mm/f2.8 AF-S VR macro, @ f8, 1/125 sec, and ISO 100 with VR on. Per the recent thread on chromatic aberration on that particular lens, I checked this image very carefully and found essentially none.<br /></p><div>00dcn3-559648984.jpg.cbde69297bc1bd060fa518a1078233e8.jpg</div>