EPSON V500 settings won't let me change document type!

<p>This week I wanted to scan several 120 films(they're color and cut up) that has been developed. I first got rid of the white place mat,put scan mode in Professional mode,put the 120 film in the black plastic holder,I put the film holder into the scanner, and last I wanted to change the document type,but, it won't let me change REFLECTIVE into FILM mode.<br /> I tried searching up how to fix this and saw it could have been the film size,so I changed that in the settings and still when I checked the document type,it still won't let me change the setting. I even scanned the image and turned up as the negative itself. Can someone help me fix this problem?</p>

<p>What operating system are you using?<br>

For Windows go to http://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarefree.php download Advanced System Care, install and run with spyware removal, registry fix, registry defrag, and junk files clean active as a minimun or go to https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and download Ccleaner and run the registry cleaner. Be careful running the Windows cleaner as deleting/cleaning all cookies from browsers will cancel your active logons and require you to reidentify your computer to any financial institutions you regularly use.<br>

Try your Epsonscan again after running one of these system utilities. Windows XP through Win 8.1 operate on previous configuration that worked files and you have to sometimes force it to accept changes. Older systems were worse than the newer ones.<br>

I prefer Advanced System Care to Ccleaner but both do a good job. You can also run Windows Disk Cleanup in place of the 3rd party utilities. </p>

<p>My guess is still either that something is wrong with the connection to the lid, or some other minor hardware problem (I thought at least one generation of epson scanner had glyphs on the bottom of the film holders to indicate which one was installed to the software). Standard tech-support rules apply here: re-read the manual and hope you missed something simple. In the mean time hopefully someone else has fixed this problem before and sees the post.</p>