Pentax 67ii AE metering issue - prism finder

sanjay_chaudary

<p>I got my serviced pentax and it looks like the PS timer issue may be sorted out. The AE metering seems to be problematic.<br>

I tried changing the battery. There are no exposure settings visible in the viewfinder. I am getting perror . It stays even if I turn off the camera and sometimes even when AE finder is removed.<br>

<br />In the viewfinder, I see an asterisk ( star) , letter S , Flash indicator .I see the blocks betwwen flashing. It worked earlier before I sent the body for repair.<br>

The AE prism finder did feel a little loose on one side, after attaching. I did get it to sit snugly once, but did not figure out how I got it to do that. I normally leave it on, but had to remove the prism finder for sending the body for service. <br>

<br />thanks a lot</p>

<p>Hi, it's working now. I cleaned the contacts of the battery chamber, the prism finder and the camera body where the prism finder attaches to the camera, apart from the battery. The prism finder view, showed no readings and some bars kept flashing.<br>

I took out the prism finder a few times and re-attached it. That did not help. I took out the focussing screen and attached the prism finder again. Perr message came intermittently , got few exposure readings correctly.<br>

I removed the prismfinder and it had appeared bit loose on one side. I pressed hard on both sides of the camera body with my fingers , close to x spot on one side and close to MLU button on other side. The gap reduced. After doing this, when I reinserted the prismfinder, it fit snugly. The contact with locking pins on sides was loose earlier. It is working now. I believe this fixed the issue. Hope this helps others.</p>