Hassy darkslide wont insert, film back wont come off

sand_gar

<p>I have been traveling with my Hassy 501c/m and not sure if it got hit somewhere along the way, but I can no longer put the dark slide back into the film back. I was able to take the lens off, wound the camera and the shutter was going off. I tried to look inside to see what was the issue but could not find or see anything. (And I really don't know what I am looking for) But the lens back on and now I can still not fit the slide in or get the lens to come off.<br>

<br />Is there anything I can do to fix it? Any help out there? Thanks in advance!</p><div>00daTW-559257484.jpg.0deaa98debe553cf4883ba10c255d6c6.jpg</div>

<p>It's hard to see where the slide is inserted. On closer examination, it looks like you have inserted the slide correctly.</p>

<p>Put the camera into a changing bag and remove the insert. The film is probably loaded incorrectly, interfering with insertion of the darkslide.</p>

<p>There is a tab, operated by the key on the insert, which is raised when the key is locked. Film must be threaded UNDER that tab. To do so, you must momentarily turn the key to the locked position. The tab holds the film tightly when the insert is placed into the back to keep the film from catching on the frame, then loosens when the insert is locked. If the film is on top of the tab, it will jam the darkslide, among other things. (I ruined my first roll that way.) The film will also be very hard to wind when loaded incorrectly.</p>

<p>Obviously, if you can't inset it normally, it means something is blocking the way. Do check what Edward suggested first, some film strips could just block the slot and it's easy to check.<br>

If it's clean, check if the tip of your dark slide is slightly bent. Normally, there are some thin metals inside the slot doing things like not letting you remove the back when dark slight is not in...etc. They can get in the way if your dark slide is bent or those thin metal is misplaced. I hope it's not the later.<br>

Try wiggle it a bit and slip in the dark slight gently, never force it, it could just make things worse...If you can detach the back, fix it before putting it back in again.</p>

<p>The latch on the back is locked until released by insertion of the darkslide. However the insert itself can be removed at any time. If the film is binding, removing the insert could be difficult too, but there's probably room to insert something to move the film out of the way (like the darkslide). If you force things, the film will be ruined and the back will probably still be jammed or damaged.</p>