Epson 3800 not printing

<p>The question may be: is anything NOT clogged.</p>

<p>Given you lost whole banks of colors, I'd go through the motions of replacing the ink cartridges and just put the current ones back in. That should cycle the system and make sure there's ink in the tubes. Hopefully that's almost all you need, and you can just finish up with a cycle of nozzle checks and cleanings until you have your print head back.<br>

If this happened after a long idle period you might have a print head that's clogged so hard you need to loosen it chemically, I'm sure there are people here who can give pointers on that, but I'd try reinserting cartridges first.</p>

No, the printer should be stored so that all cartridges still have some ink. If you take out the cartridges and store it that way, the remaining ink in the print head will dry, clogging it. Ideally you should use the printer occasionally and not leave it unused for a long time. Personally I print at least once in two weeks.

<p>Look up "pigment settling". What happened is you left the printer unused for so long that the pigment in the lines settled out. What "printed" when you tried to print, was just ink base, which is clear.</p>

<p>Pull the ink carts, turn them upside down and shake them gently to mix everything again, and reinstall them. Then you may have to run a number of cleaning cycles to clear the ink lines. If you still get "weak" images, you'll have to replace all the carts with new ones.</p>