Barcelona photography at night?

paul_taylor2

<p>Do a search here on PN...lots of interesting suggestions. Obviously the various Gaudi works, the Las Ramblas and tapas in the morning and evening, the meat market, Old Barcelona...too much to mention. I remember going on a night walking tour last time I was there, which included a visit to chambers where the Spanish Inquisition was held. Have a great time...food is great, photo opportunities abound, and people are quite friendly...normal night precautions as a tourist well advised, although I never had any issues, I know people who have. After many years of loving flamenco music, I stopped into a club one night and learned more in one evening than I had picked up over many years of study.</p>

<p>Paul,<br>

My wife is from Barcelona so we spend quite a bit of time there. The subject matter I prefer probably won't match up exactly with what you are after, but here are a few suggestions...Sunrise/sunset anywhere along the beach, the Hotel W area and the area around The Forum/solar panel are especially interesting. Sunrise/sunset up at the three Gaudi crosses in Park Guell. Sunrise/sunset up by the fortress of Montjuic for city and sea views (walk around to the sea side and then walk the trail down toward the city. The street/people photography is great most anywhere, especially in the old city area of Barrio Chino/Barrio Viejo and along Las Ramblas (mostly tourists on the latter, though). The area up by the Olympic torch antenna can be interesting at sunrise/sunset. You can take a look at my Barcelona galleries on my blog/website (www.danieljoderphotography.com) and if you have any questions just fire away. As to pick pockets, yes I have witnessed folks getting their wallets lifted--although I have never personally had a problem even walking around the beaches, Montjuic, Park Guell, etc. with my Think Tank bag and tripod at sunrise/sunset. I prefer to do the heavy crowd/street and tourist photography during the day with a small machine like the Sony RX100s just for ease of carry and to not attract attention. So just be mindful of your surroundings and keep your very small wallet in your front pocket and you should be fine. It is really hard to go wrong, photographically, no matter where you go in Barcelona.</p>

<p>Take an evening walk up Montjuic to the castle at the top - plenty of other locations up there with commanding day time and night time views of the city. There is now a tourist cable car service to assist with gaining elevation.</p>

<p>Might pay to do a day time reconnaissance of Montjuic so you are orientated for evening/night walking.</p>

<p>Stroll down LasRamblas to Port Vell and the marina area - the golden morning sunshine can pour in off the Med. onto the gorgeous maritime precinct.</p>