bronica etrs film magazine, 220

f_ph1

<p>Hi.<br>

There is a Bronica etrs outfit I would like to purchase.<br>

Problems is, the film mag is 220. I would like to <br>

know if 120 film can be used in a 120 back. I have done<br>

so in the past with Hasselblad 220 magazines without a problem.<br>

Anybody know about Bronica?</p>

<p>I sold mine long ago, but my recollection is the ETRC back was interchangeable for 120/220, but not the ETRS. It shouldn't be an issue though, they're pretty inexpensive and readily available on Ebay.</p>

<p>Bronica backs, and ETRC bodies, both accept the same 120 and 220 film inserts. I've never done it, but you should be able to shoot 120 film on a 220 film insert. You'll probably just have to shoot a few blank frames after you've finished the 120 roll to be sure the protective paper is covering the film.</p>

Thought I'd posted a response earlier today, but never mind. Two issues. I always found the winding on to be very stiff as

the roll neared its end. This because 120 has backing paper, 220 doesn't. Then the 220 back isn't set to stop at 15 shots

and will simply allow you to keep photographing thereafter. So you might find that some of your shots never existed

unless you have a means/discipline to stop at 15. I put 120 in 220 backs as an emergency, not every time I used the

camera, for these reasons. Getting a 120 Insert is a better solution.

<p>What Henry said. I have an ETRSi outfit that I bought a few years ago. It came with one 120 back and one 220 back, well, actually two backs and a 120 and 220 insert. One of the backs was the old style with the single release tab. I tossed it and bought a newer one. Eventually I bought another complete 120 back, an "Ei" back. You might want to keep your eyes open for Ei backs. They have a locking dark slide that can't be removed when the back is off the camera. These new locking dark sides have the gray colored handle. The Ei back also supposedly has an improved film transport mechanism to keep the film flatter at the film plane.</p>