Leica D Lux (Typ 109) Menu

<p>I have recently bought a Leica D Lux (Typ 109) Compact Camera, and am very pleased with the results. On reading the instruction CD on page 33 of the PDF there is a section on "Setting the menu screen background"; following the procedure in the Set up menu I cannot find the Menu Background item displayed, is this due to the settings on my camera. Could anyone offer advice on this subject?</p>

<p>There are certain menu items that might not be available due to a camera setting, primarily the capture mode, like if you were using a point & shoot setting vs. program, aperture , shutter priority of manual. You would/should still be able to see them, but they would just be greyed out so you could not access or change them.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Thank you for your contribution Greg,<br>

Having had no further luck in finding this menu item, I contacted Leica Support who told me that the Leica felt that the item was unnecessary on the menu, to provide more processing capacity. Unfortunately the instruction manuals and CD's were already set up so the item was included in the instructions.</p>

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<p>Mark, <br>

Thanks for the update - often times checking the current documentation online is best / not sure if that is where you found the now missing feature. <br>

I too am a new owner of the Leica D-Lux (Ty 109) keep us updated on how you like yours - love to see some images. <br>

Raid, <br>

I spent about a week reading reviews and bouncing between many different models and manufactures / I needed a smaller foot print camera VS my DSLR's - I am a Nikon Concert Shooter as well as Canon ... I already have a couple of canon mirrorless - G9 adn G15 / the price is about 300.00 more than the Panasonic Lumix LX-100 in which is the internals of he D-Lux but the exterior and the buttons and a few other things are different, the camera is built well in Japan vs the Panasonic in China / and you get a 3 year warranty as well as a free license for Light Room / which I have a Creative Suite subscription already so the LR was not a factor for me / for me / it was wanting a higher end small foot print camera and I love the Leica brand and it's history and back story - So more of an investment in their brand and ego system to some degree / for this camera I want to get back to the core and art of photography / so I am excited about that. <br>

Take care all !<br>

Dave / ModernPics</p>