Inexpensive compact, 100-200$ range

<p>Hey I'm doing some research for my sister to help her pick out a compact camera in the 100-200 range. The only two features that are a must for her are wifi and something that is small and easily pocketable. She probably also wants something thats easy to use. IQ isn't super important, although it might be nice to have something that shoots well in low light (and I understand this feature will be quite limited in this price range).<br>

The problem I'm having is that there are plenty of compacts that fit this description and they all appear to be fungible. Here's a couple I've been looking at:<br>

-Samsung DV150F<br>

-Canon Elph 530<br>

-Sony DSCWX220/B </p>

<p>Anyways, if anyone has any recommendations for a camera that fits this description it would be a big help.<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>+1 for the phone - they do a great job for what you described (no I don't have one, but my daughter sends me tons of pictures - her kids, pets, house renovation, people & events - indoors and outdoors). </p>

Except most aren't really in that price range. About the only

decent low-end smartphones in the US are the Moto E and

Moto G. 7in tablets, that can be done under $200 pretty

reliably. Look at the camera portion of the reviews to gauge

performance though. The camera is often something that's

skimped on a little. I use a cheap tablet and a micro sd in a

larger camera as a combo to get better results.

<p>Thanks, I hadn't thought of the smartphone, I'm sure it is comparable to this range of cameras (and she already has a smartphone, so the price on that isn't really a worry).</p>

<p>I will certainly mention that to her and see what she thinks (it may be the case that she may just think its more fun to use a compact instead of her phone). In the meantime, any recs on these kinds of compacts?</p>

<p>If you want an actual camera, take a look at the Canon Refurb site.They currently have the PowerShot S110, one of Canon's high-end compacts, for $129.00. It cost about $429 new a couple of years ago. It has a larger 1/1.7 sensor, the same as in the PowerShot G-series cameras, and it performs very nicely in low light. The refurbs also come with a 1-year limited warranty. I've bought a couple of refurbs from them and each was in like-new condition and came with everything that was in the box when the cameras were new. It has wi-fi as well. It's really a very nice camera and at that price, it's a steal!</p>

<p>I've always liked the Canon Elph series. Here are pictures with many Canon Elphs as well as compacts I use to wear on my belt taken over ten or fifteen years. A woman can easily keep these cameras in her purse.<br>

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alanklein2000/sets/72157627614472967</p>

<p> I also find shooting a camera rather than a cell phone easier. They're easier to see in bright light and have a better flash, easier to compose and operate better all around. I also have to admit to a cell phone having advantages as well. But I just don't get better pictures with it generally as they aren't instinctually easy to operate for me.</p>

<p>I looked up and found the Canon SX600. It isn't an Elph but a small Canon compact with Wi-Fi. <br>

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=canon+powershot+sx600+hs&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=38850314825&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4561605658277572890&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6t0q9p3608_b</p>

<p>KEH is a good on line source of used cameras, 14 day return policy and 6 month warranty.<br>

Might consider these:<br>

Lumix ZS3: 25-300mm<br>

Canon SD950is: 36-130mm with small optical view finder<br>

Canon: S95,S100 S110 or S120<br>

Canon: Elph300HS 24-120mm very compact</p>