Model release

davidclick

<p>Hi from 16 degrees C York UK,<br>

I want to sell a picture commercially, it will be a choreographed social commentry image. The important thing is however the image may include 1 to 4 students / models. To protect my self against any of the models retrospectively asking for cash is a model release the best route to take and if yes is there a template / guide i can follow that is relevant to the UK?<br>

Thanks,<br>

David</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Not sure what "choreographed social commentary" means. But for commercial use of a photo you need a release from all identifiable people, at least under U.S. law and I'm sure in the UK as well. Google "Model release' and you will find samples.<br /><br />What is the picture and how is it being used?<br /><br /></p>

<p>If your students are below the age of consent (18 years old most placed) you will need a model release from a parent or legal guardian. For anyone whose age seems on the border, I photocopy the driver's license.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

• 4 weeks later...

Since you're looking to sell the image commercially, paying the models up front for the shoot is also a great way to prevent them from

retrospectively asking for cash.

Most Time for Prints model releases (free modeling) are aimed for portfolio expansion and not the end image being used for commercial use.