Best resolution on a Asus 13.3" ?

<p>Hi all!<br>

I hope someone can help me with this one!<br>

I have ordered the Asus Zenbook UX303 LB (as my second computer) with the 1920x1080 resolution on a 13.3" screen. It can also be delivered with a 3200x1800 resolution. I plan to edit my photos using Photoshop and Lightroom. So, the triillion dollar question is; have I picked the right one....? Is 3200x1800 better....? I think that the menues, icons and text will be too small....But perhaps I'm wrong..?<br>

Best regards,<br>

Bjarte</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I think that the menues, icons and text will be too small....</p>

</blockquote>

<p>By default, yes, but Windows 8.1 and 10 can scale quite well to resolve that - but not all programs are equally good at this scaling, so some work fine and some go all wrong. Older versions Adobe software are known to have problems with the scaling on Windows, in fact. Not sure about the current versions.<br>

In general, higher resolutions are nicer, but there is a point where the difference becomes hard to see. 1920*1080 on a 13.3" screen is already pretty high resolution for a normal viewing distance. I have serious doubts if the higher resolution is a big visual gain. On the downside, the risk of visual artifacts in programs is bigger (or the menu's and icons are too small to be usable), the graphics card has to work harder and the LCD consumes more power, so autonomy will be worse and usually the cost premium for these screens is considerable.<br>

I think you picked the right one.</p>

<p>A lot depends on you.<br>

Are you younger than 30 or able to toss your spherical -2 prescription glasses aside? Is your nickname "Hawk('s eye)", since you master eye vision tests with way over-average results?<br>

I'm 45 severely challenged to pass the truck driving eye vision test and pushing myself a bit when I'm using win7 on a tiny 27" 4K screen. I guess cramping what others used to spread over 24" onto 13.3" is enough.</p>

<p>Let me put it this way. My desktop has a 27-inch/67cm screen with that 1920x1080 resolution and I have no complaints about its resolution. At 13.3 inches your face is going to have to be at an eye-bending close distance to see much of a difference between 1920x1080 and 3200x1800 that's good. Microsoft has introduced a new way for programmers to make their programs independent of the pixel resolution of the screen with each of the last several versions of Windows and programmers have generally ignored them, used the oldest/worst version, or used them wrong for just as long. In general programs on Windows get More ugly and blurry as the screen resolution goes up, not less. Or they just get too tiny to see.</p>