D4 owners, Main Command Dial issue

User_4754088

<p>Wondering if any D4 owners have had this issue with their camera and the Main Command Dial on the back.</p>

<p>My D4 started showing these symptoms about two months ago. When it had been sitting for a day or two unused, when I first tried to rotate the Main Command Dial it would be stuck and require more force than normal to get it to turn. Then it would free up and work fine.</p>

<p>Football season starts in a couple weeks, so I thought it would be good to have it looked at before hand. <em><strong>WELL NIKON WANTS $420 TO FIX IT!!</strong></em></p>

<p>They say the switch is broken. Just seems sticky to me. The camera has never been dropped or abused in any way.</p>

<p>If you look over on DPReview website you can see a number of D4 users having this exact same problem. So I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this.</p>

<p>I think this is a manufacturing defect that Nikon should take care of for no charge, just like the problem in the 24-70 AFS-G 2.8 zoom mechanism.<br /> <br /> <em><strong>NOT</strong></em> a happy Nikon customer.</p>

<p>Best,<br /> -Tim</p>

<p>They serviced the camera 9 months ago and didn't notice the issue (though in their defense it wasn't really an issue 9 months ago). The camera is in New York at Nikon Service right now, so I'll probably have them fix it. Just think it's a manufacturer defect since so many D4 owners are experiencing the exact same symptoms.</p>