Need help with attaching a Four Thirds lens to my micro four thirds camera...

ilia_isakov

<p>Hi, so I have a panasonic gh3 and I just bought the olympus 35-100 f2.0 lens, its a great investment. only problem is that the camera fails to recognize it.<br>

I bought the panasonic dmw ma1 adapter.<br>

The body firmware is 1.2 (i think thats the latest)<br>

I downloaded the firmware update for this particular lens http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/pana/dl/35100_dl.cfm<br>

I followed the step pretty carefully. download, extract in desktop, formate my memory card, made permissions for to read and write of the file to be allowed to everyone. and copied the extracted file into the camera.<br>

and upon starting my camera, there is no firmware upgrade box that comes up. what am i doing wrong?</p>

<p>HAS ANYONE DONE THIS BEFORE WHO CAN GIVE ME AN IDEA OF STEPS THAT I'M MISSING OR VARIOUS COMPATIBILITY ISSUES AND TIPS.</p>

Ilia, I have both adapters from both companies, and a GH2 and my three ED lenses fit and work on it fine but slow focus of course, and that is not an issue by itself. They recognize the lens.. I would certainly be totally sure that the contacts on the lens and adapter are softly wiped clean, but that is just a doh kind of item, true, but sometimes actually is a thing to do regularly with electronics contacts. Strange issue, I have never had such a compatibility problem, Ilia, so I will do some more brainstorming.

I assume you have no other cameras to test the new lens on..or can't find a dealer with a regular non micro model to fit your new lens on.. if it is a used lens who knows what gives I am suggesting.... ( I do not recall if there needs to be any special camera setting for native 4/3 lenses. I think not, such as that which non native lenses require.)

I doubt that firmware applies to this case but not unwise to do it anyway. You have done the right stuff though as a start. How frustrating for you.

<p>thanks Gerry, I am not sure what it is. Maybe I am doing something wrong with the firmware upgrade, since the "lens upgrade" menu does not show in the first place when I turn my camera. I will try wiping it clean and check again.</p>

<p>Is there a firmware confirmation screen on the camera where you can view both the body and lens firmware versions to confirm you've got the 1.2 loaded in the lens? It should work, based on the table below if you do. I am familiar with how to see the lens firmware on Olympus bodies, but not Panasonic.</p>

<p>http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/connect/gh3.html</p>