Perspective control lens for Sony A7II

<p>I am going to acquire a PC lens for the Sony A7II camera. Now, I put Leica 28mm, 50 mm and 90mm in shorter range and Hasselblad 150mm and 250mm as tele. So, I get used to manual focus. And in fact, I did manual focus for 20 years.</p>

<p>I like citycape and landscape photography, so PC lens is essential for me to correct perspective. What is the PC lens in the range of 21mm to 28mm you recommend?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>You might check and see if Mirex has a T/S adapter for the Sony mount. I'm using Mamiya 645 lenses with a Mirex adapter (has both tilt and shift) on EOS cameras.<br>

However, if I remember correctly, the limit at the short end of focal length is 35mm. I using Mamiya lenses from 45mm to 80mm.<br>

You can also adapt Canon T/S lenses to your Sony. The older 24mm is a pretty good performer, and not too expensive, but it's not as sharp as the mkII version.<br>

JD</p>

<p>Perspective is easily corrected in Photoshop, to the extent I wouldn't bother with a sliding lens mount. However a PC lens with tilt offers control of the plane of focus (Scheimflug Effect), which cannot be easily emulated in software. Canon seems to have better short PC lenses, but I would give the Nikon PC 85mm a close look. In my experience, a longer lens is better for landscapes than a wide angle, and certainly better for tabletop photography. In both examples, plane of focus control can be used to good effect. There are adapters for both Canon and Nikon lenses, but Canon adapters need electronic connections for auto-aperture control, whereas Nikon apertures are strictly mechanical.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I use a Nikkor 35/2.8 on an A7. It works rather well. I suggest stopping down for decent edge performance. Or at least check and see how the widest aperture compares to, say, f/8.</p>

<p>I also believe that it's easier to correct converging lines in software, but there is something to be said for getting it right in the field.</p>