Nikon Karma

User_4754088

<p>Have had my Nikon FM2n since new in 1996. Picked up an MD-12 in the late 1990's and love the feel of the motor drive and body when using small primes. </p>

<p>For years I've read about folks having electronic issues with the MD-12 and I've always felt lucky that I must have gotten a "Special One" or at least one of the "good ones" because mine has been trouble free. Used it quite a lot on Friday and Saturday, and now mine is having issues. </p>

<p>When I get to the end of a roll of film, if it partially winds then stops (because there isn't enough film in the cassette to let the camera fully wind), the winder will lock up and I can't get it working again, even after rewinding the film and reloading the camera. I have to shut the winder off, remove it from the camera, manually cock the camera and fire the shutter several times, then put the MD-12 back on. It never used to do this and really never had an issue in all the years I've owned it.</p>

<p>Anyone know of a fix for this?</p>

<p>Best,<br>

-Tim</p>

<p>Either have it serviced, and it may finally be time for that, or when you hit the last frame on the roll, quit shooting and change film. What's the old saying? "Doctor doctor, it hurts when I do that!" Says the doctor, "Then don't do that!"<br>

<br />Rick H.</p>