Topcon Super D.

<p>You're quite right, <strong>Brett</strong>; I've had a look at my EE and the system is as you've described. I don't have a Topcon RE with which to make a comparison, but this quote from Wikipedia regarding the RE suggests that it's the same procedure:<br>

<br>

"The meter cell is actually incorporated in the camera's reflex finder mirror. This was accomplished by milling narrow slits in the mirror surface letting a fraction of the light through to the CdS cell placed just behind it."<br>

<br>

So, in neither case is the light metered off the face of the mirror, but from cells within the construction of the mirror. I hope I've managed to get my head around it! I'll have to talk about "in-mirror" metering, in future...<br>

<br>

</p>

<p>Well, I learned something new, and as they say, the more you learn the less you know! Always thought that the meter was on the mirror...so there you go!<br>

Brett, you are quite right about the Exakta, very pretty, and the Contarex Bullseye is also a contender for chrome goodness. Maybe we should have a "chrome off" here on PDN.</p>