A Chequered History of the Belmira.

<p>Thanks for the responses. As several of you observed, I seem to have a penchant for these oddball cameras, though a camera that was in production for over ten years, from a reputable European background, should be better known than the Belmira appears to be. Anyway, I don't have many more surprises in store. At present...</p>

<p>@Eugen: if it's sticky grease, this problem should be solved by applying a drop of lighter fluid to the bearing(s) in question. <br>

The Meyer Trioplan is not a bad lens either, I thing it is one of the best triplets ever built. The performance of the pre-war Trioplan on my Welta folder (f/4.5) comes close to the f/3.5 Tessar clone on my Moskva. Stopped down a bit, I think you will not see much difference to a Tessar. <br>

Also, since this camera uses "unit focussing", in case you find an east-german camera with a Tessar, you probably can swap the front and rear lens cell to your camera - but you have to re-adjust (re-shim) the lens assembly. </p>

<p>@ <a href="/photodb/user?user_id=589033">Walter Degroot</a><br>

(I expect others will understand why this is boldface; not for the sake of shouting)<br>

<strong>Here is a procedure:</strong></p>

<ol>

<li><strong>From the homepage click on My Workspace, top right corner, below the search window and below Sign Out.</strong></li>

<li><strong>In the My Workspace window, on the right, there is a large frame / box, with a title Account options. Click on first item below titl: that is <a href="/community/inbox">Check your Personal Messages</a> </strong></li>

<li><strong>In the Messages window, choose a message, click on the subject. The text appears; Go to the bottom of the text message. You see: <a href="/community/send-message?receiver_id=172915&reply_to=825343">Reply</a> | <a href="/community/delete-msg?delete_msg_id=825343">Delete</a> | <a href="/community/report-msg?msg_id=825343">Report</a></strong><br />

</li>

</ol>

<p><strong>That is how it looks for me because I have no new messages. If you have new messages announced on the home page (top right) there might be a slightly simpler procedure. <br /></strong><br>

<strong>Best,<br /></strong><br>

<strong>B.<br /></strong></p>

• 8 months later...