Need help posting image

<p>From a computer and web browser, try drag and drop. Usually works unless your portfolio is copy protected. And be sure to enable the WYSIWYG reply box on photo.net. That's the easiest way to post photos that are hosted elsewhere, whether our photo.net portfolios, Flickr, etc.</p>

<p>If you use the insert image icon option, be sure you're copying the actual image URL, not the URL for the page on which the image appears. Methods vary depending on your browser.</p>

<p>Both of the linked images in your test posting are too large to show up in line in a thread. You have to re-size them to 700 pixels or less on the long side.</p>

<p>I've had limited success posting images using html links from other sites. Now I upload them to my portfolio here, then open the folder in a new window and drag the image to the text box when I want to inset it.</p>

<p>No need to resize larger photos hosted on your photo.net portfolio. Photo.net automagically creates a smaller default JPEG measuring 680 pixels on the longest edge. You can drag and drop that into a discussion forum photo sharing thread, or use the insert photo icon. This is what I usually do with photo sharing threads.</p>

<p>BTW, dragging and dropping will also embed oversized photos. These will be scaled down to fit the 700 pixel maximum width limit. However it does not resize, resize or change the total file size. So try to avoid doing this with maximum resolution JPEGs because these still consume the same bandwidth, even though the photo appears to be reduced to 700 pixels maximum.</p>