<p>Hi everyone, I calibrate my monitor with a Lacie Blue eye. Ive noticed over the last six months or so that the luminance will only calibrate to 100 even though im trying to set it to 120. Will the difference between 100 and 120 dramatically affect the overall result when getting prints. And has anyone got any idea why the problem is occuring. Thanks in advance. Mark</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Will the difference between 100 and 120 dramatically affect the overall result when getting prints.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It will have zero affect on prints, it <strong>will</strong> have an affect on your soft proof to match a print. So you either have to lower the print viewing conditions next to the display to match or get yourself a new display that can hit the cd/m2 value that once did. <br>

See: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml<br>

It's happening because display backlighting like any illuminant will grow dimer as time goes on and at a point in the future, it will completely die. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Until recently, LCD monitors used fluorescent backlighting which has a definite 'lifetime' in hours (also depends on how bright you have been setting/using it) so as Andrew said, they eventually get dimmer and dimmer and then dead. Your monitor is nearing end of life if it can't get to 120.</p>

<p>Newer LCDs w/ LED backlights dont really have that problem.</p>

<p>I second the recommendation for an NEC PA unit. GB-R LED allows more precise control of whitepoint (vs. CCFL) and will last far longer.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Hi just an update.i ended up buying the Asus

pa279q Monitor.its a really nice screen .I

read a few negative reviews about light bleed

or a loud whinning noise and lots of positive

reviews so I thought I'd take a chance.up to now Ihaven't experienced any problems. It's an excellent monitor. Thanks again for your

help. Mark.