from Nikon to Fuji

<p>Thanks Gregory for your comments.</p>

<p>My XT1 is actually very good. I've probably built up a bit of a phobia caused by the XE2 because of soft images. Just occasionally - in the middle of many perfect shots - I get a crazy one with the XT1, when that, too, should have been perfect.</p>

<p>I don't shoot things on the move - or very rarely - and almost always have the camera set to s. Historically, ie with Nikons, I almost always used spot focussing. With the XE2, I've tried what is available without obvious improvement. One of my sons, he uses pro Canon equipment, took the XE2 out a week or two ago. While the images were not dreadful, they simply were not as crisp as they should have been, bearing in mind the conditions were near perfect.</p>

<p>I will have to try some more disciplined experiments. Otherwise, there is a danger I might put the XE2 into a box.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I just did the exact same thing that the original poster did... I went from a Nikon D7000 to a Fuji X100T. I have a full set of lenses for the D7000... 30 1.4, 50 1.4, 18-200, fisheye, ultra wide zoom, 125 macro, midrange zoom, etc... a whole bag full of stuff. But that was the problem. It was all so bulky and heavy, it's barely been out of its bag.</p>

<p>Now I'm not one of those guys who thinks that reducing my options will make me more creative. "Framing with your feet" is no substitute for the flexibility that my bag full of lenses gives me. But the camera you have with you takes better pictures than the one at home in the closet in its bag. I looked at the pictures I've taken in the past couple of years, and almost all my favorites were taken with my iPhone.</p>

<p>I remembered back in the early days of digital, I had a small 4 megapixel Olympus with a fantastic lens. It was a lot of fun to shoot with, and I did great things with it. I looked at the Fuji X100T and realized that it was the best of both worlds... small, simple and direct to use, and with image quality as good as my Nikon.</p>

<p>I'll probably keep my Nikon for when I do formal portraits, or special stuff like fisheye shots; but I have a feeling this little Fuji is going to be with me everyday taking the bulk of the shots. I just got it today in the mail, and I spent a few hours puzzling out the menus and setting it up so I never have to dig through menus for anything I need again. THAT is a very liberating feeling. I hate having to swap my glasses on and off as I shoot and stare at the screen on the back instead of looking through the viewfinder.</p>