Used prices on M7

<p>Great for buyers, no so for sellers. I hadn't watched M7 prices, although several folks on various Leica forums I participate in have mentioned that the M7 is starting to have appeal to them.</p>

<p>Not surprised. I picked up a really nice M4 recently in perfect mechanical and very nice cosmetic condition for just over $1,000, which would have been an unheard of price on a nice M4 not all that long ago.</p>

<p>I had a like-new early M7 0.85x which I spent $2450 on, and then sent it to Leica USA to get it fully overhauled, get the optical DX reader, and the MP finder upgrade (to make it flare less often, not flare-free). Repair bill was over $600, so I spent over $3000 on that camera. This was in 2011. Due to financial distress, I sold it in 2013 for about $2200 i.e. $800+ loss in a couple of years.</p>

<p>Now I just bought an M7 0.72X from a seller here on photo.net for $1200. Looks like new, and he threw in a virtually new Leica Motor M as a freebie! (Virtually new, because he said he used the winder for 5 rolls of film). Again, it's an early M7 (2nd batch made in 2011), and I'll probably send it to Leica NJ for the full spa treatment because I'm OC like that. (OC = obsessive compulsive).</p>

<p>If anyone out there feels like giving up on film, and wants to get rid of their unwanted like-new MP, please give me a shout.</p>