Good deal at KEH on Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM A (Art)

Kent Shafer

<p>I'm kind of excited. Just ordered a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM A (Art) lens from KEH in LN- condition. With their 15% off on film gear special this weekend, it was significantly less expensive than a new one.</p>

<p>They still have one left if anyone's interested. The discount code is FILM15. (The one they have includes a case. Mine was caseless and a little cheaper.)</p>

<p>Kent, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your new lens. Somehow Sigma prices the 50mm/f1.4 Art very high @ $950; that is $50 higher than the 35mm/f1.4 Art, which I bought a couple of years ago when Amazon briefly had $200 off before Christmas.</p>

<p>I checked KEH, and they have the remaining one at $849. So it'll still be over $700 with 15% off. I sure hope that the quality justifies it.</p>

<p>The Sigma ART primes use a vastly oversized image circle to achieve critical sharpness across the 35mm frame. Hartblei HCam makes a shift-tilt system that works with these lenses. The 50mm allows up to a 15mm shift without significant degradation! Similar results can be achieved with the ART 35 (up to 12mm shift). The HCam system also works with the Nikon 14-24 (and the Canon 11-24), which also has a vastly expanded image circle. </p>

<p>http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=99985.0#lastPost</p>