Loading issues on Fuji 645zi

steve_johnston9

<p>I have had a Fuji 645 Professional for many years now. I recently purchased a Fuji 645zi as I wanted a second camera and the zoom. I have had problems with the film advance though. I load the film same way as the 645, film advanced to the spot that it says on the back matching the point on the back of the camera. However when you close the back it doesn't auto advance the film. I then have to fiddle with it but auto advancing the film myself, it does then eventually auto-advance, but I have lost at least four frames per roll and often get light leaks. Can anyone advise ?</p>

<p>Steve,</p>

<p>You have two choices here:<br>

CHOICE ONE: Sent it back to the original seller for a complete refund. This is a transport issue and mostly likely it is a circuit board. Expensive to repair and IF they still have available parts. Went through that with my Contax T2.</p>

<p>CHOICE TWO: If you still want it & IF the seller will allow for a partial refund to fix it, Call Fuji USA and inquiry on having it service. Describe the problem to the technician to see if they still have parts. Then make a decision to either send it back or fix it.<br>

<br />Sorry the news can't be anymore cheerful for you. All electronic cameras are at the mercy of available NEW Spare parts or to be cannibalize from a parts camera. Many OEM Service Dept are no longer available or are in limited capacity due to the legacy age of the camera and parts.</p>

<p> </p>