Kindle cheat sheet to the formidable tricked out but elegent Lumix GX 7

GerrySiegel

I downloaded the Kindle edition of Thorpe's very brief guide to menu setup for five bucks and find it a decent

buy. Saved me a few hours and offers some good starting points to experiment with. I am enjoying the GX7 touch

screen. Thoughtfully executed that screen..... The camera, not originally on my Santa List, tempted me when it dropped humungusly in price from MSRTP.Discontinue

and replacement in offing? After all it has been out for a year,nay?

I can't even imagine what a successor model could contain, unless it is some video update a la the GH4K but that

would not make sense. The finder that tilts up is not that useful except to get the eye sensor out of the way.

A reasonably well designed camera, lacking only selfie drop LCD for the ingenuous Narcissus wannabees. Aloha.

Nice camera especially in the black and silver edition....reminds me of Canonet IIIG QL perhaps.....

<p>Well, I disagree with you about the tilt up EV, I find it totally useful. Successor model could use some kind of switch on the pop-up flash to hold it so the flash can be held pointed up for bouncing, now you have to hold it up with your finger which is doable but a little awkward. It could use some weather sealing, and a little more rugged all metal build though its pretty well built. Can always use even better low light performance. Its quite usable at 3200 ISO, but that sort of sensor development will be on-going. I'm a big fan of this camera.</p>

With the 20mm Lumix lens it makes a compact package. A 46 mm rubber screw on hood works as a bumper as well. Flash is nice to have and small. Usually I match it with the old FL 36 Olympus flash to save juice in the camera and give additional controls. One Lumix battery and two Wasabis for me and so far Wasabi delivers..... The LCD in back does a useful tilt to almost horizontal. In short a nice design. Really Right Stuff sells a generous size plate for the camera which has an open 1/4 inch hole to stick your BlackRapid shoulder brassard's metal latch screw. Yep I am a fan and using it more and more lately. Still getting used to the finer points of this RF styled model. And yes it takes good photos with good color.