Just got Sinar--broken :(

wogears

<p>Yesterday. my Sinar F arrived. With the front standard rail clamp broken. Ebay seller --reputable company with a very long history since before the Internet--had packed the camera ASSEMBLED! With the standards on the rail rather than being individually wrapped. Now to see what they will do about it. I've got it properly packed and ready to return, in case that is my only option. A pox on incompetence.</p>

<p>I know that these clamps are prone to breakage, as was prepared to deal gently with it. It would have been fine, had it not been locked to the rail when shipped. I suspect that the lock worked loose, and a small bump was sufficient to snap the plastic (boo) of the rail guide. </p>

<p>I'd try to get a partial refund. Shipping that thing back is going to cost you and you will end up paying for shipping and no camera.<br />Figure out how much a replacement part will cost you and ask the seller to subtract it from what you paid.<br>

I just bought a Polaroid Big Shot and the seller put it in a box with four foam peanuts. It arrived destroyed so in order to get a refund PayPal wanted me to ship the camera back which cost me around $30. I got a full refund but I had to pay to ship a broken camera.<br>

(My two cents... hmm $30)</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>Besides contacting the seller, taking pics w cell phone to document the damage, also contact the shipping co (eg Fedex, UPS, etc.). Ebay is big on customer satisfaction! Since the seller is reputable I would think that they do not want a negative review; therefore resolve this BEFORE you post a feedback, and if they resolve it responsibly, post a positive feedback when done.</p>