m4/3 lenses: 14-42 (or 45)

<p>Hello all.<br>

I see that there are two (more?) 14-42 Panasonic m4/3 lenses and one 14-45 lens (which I have). Based on what I've read, it appears that the 14-45 lens is nicer than the first 14-42 lens but not as nice as the more recent 14-42 (Power OIS) lens.<br>

I'd appreciate any commentary on this topic. Specifically, should I just keep the 14-45 or look to upgrade to the Power OIS 14-42. Or, for that matter, look to upgrade to the f/2.8 lenses.<br>

I should add that I have no interest in video -- just still photography.<br>

Thanks much for any advice.<br>

David</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"Thanks much for any advice."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>In my case, I needed faster lenses; therefore, I use the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, and the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 prime lenses.</p>

<p>When I received the Olympus 14-43mm f/3.5 to f/5.6 zoom lens on a body I purchased, I thought I would never use it because it was so slow. However, when I tried it, I discovered that under bright light situations, it performed very well.</p>

<p>Therefore, instead of exchanging one zoom for another, you might also consider supplementing the zoom lens you have with some faster prime lenses.</p>

<p> Micro 4/3 Hardware

<div>00d2O5-553663584.JPG.8d969b41abaabd3aaf920912c8165076.JPG</div>

<p>I have the 14-42mm Power OIS and am looking to sell it now. It's great for how compact it is but it's a bit soft and I found I'm not willing to trade size for quality. Now that I have the 12-35mm f/2.8 that blows it out of the water I have no need for it. I hope to pair it with the 35-100 2.8 when I have a bit more money.</p>

<p>Thanks guys for all your advice. It seems that the 14-45 that I have is the best of the Panasonic 14-4x, so I'll keep it.</p>

<p>Long term, though, I'll keep my eye on the Panasonic f/2.8 lenses. Does Olympus have any lenses that compete with the Panasonic f/2.8 lenses?</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>David</p>