Epson 4900, No Output

<p>Dear Photo.net users,<br>

I purchased an Epson 4900 a while back and then life got in the way. The thing sat for a long time and now I have no output when i try to print. If I do a nozzle check, I get nothing, nada. I've tried the windex and paper towel thing, I've also tried alcohol. Any ideas of what I can do to not end up with a very expensive boat anchor?<br>

Thanks in advance<br>

Brandon</p>

<p>Brandon, there are several threads about Epson clogging problems. This, I think, is the most recent. The actual printer involved in that thread is a 3800, but a lot of the solutions apply across the board for Epson printers:</p>

<p>http://www.photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00d2m6</p>

<p>Quick and dirty, try removing each cartridge, shake it gently and replace it, and then run a nozzle check. If you get any response at all, cleaning cycles may help.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>On the Luminous Landscape printer forum there are a huge number of threads on Epson x900 series printers and clogging. Both the 4900 and 7900 seem to have more problems than most. You may want to check there before abandoning your machine.<br>

Good luck. I use a 3880 which happens to be relatively well known for NOT clogging.<br>

Eric</p>

<p>I had the same issue, life. Mine sat unused for over a year. The print head is totally shot and needs to be replaced. costs more than i paid for the printer new. I'm really unimpressed with the large epson prninters, their lack of help or proper support and will never buy an epson product again. Thankfully my enlarger will never need a head replacement.</p>