Monday in Nature Weekly Photo October 27, 2014

Laura Weishaupt

<p>Thanks Rick. Wish you had gone into a little more detail (ha). Hey, judging from your portfolio, it looks like you don't get out much (ha again). Seriously, nice stuff. the one cheetah shot in the Namibia folder actually scared me.<br>

Wonderful shots indeed Roberta. Looks like you didn't even disturb the little bumble. </p>

<p>Trust me Bill, the leopards are much scarier than the cheetahs; at least I had a fence between me and the leopard. They say if you approach a cheetah on foot it will more than likely back off; on the other hand, the leopard will put its front paws together, raise its eyes to heaven and say "thank you god" ;^) Cheers, RickDB</p>

<p>It was a beautiful, sunny albeit windy, weekend here in southwestern PA. I just acquired a Tamron 24 - 85/2.8 on Friday, and I was hoping to take it out for a spin over the weekend. I was walking the dogs on Sunday when I noticed a tree in my yard being actually backlit by the 2-ish-o'clock sun. I ran in to get the camera and was able to take about a dozen photos before the winds really started taking the leaves. I know, it's a tired fall scene but I was happy to capture it anyway :) d7000 with abovementioned lens. f/3.5, 1/1600s (windy, remember?), iso100. I think I'll keep the lens.</p>

<p> </p><div>00cuwd-552111884.jpg.3736fc395e4d7c06735b2ee7b323c1c1.jpg</div>