Surprised...

raybrizzi

<p>I had a K-10D for 3 years then upgraded to a K-5. Thought I would check on firmware updates last week and found that I was five updates behind.<br>

Installed the new firmware and put in the SD card I had been using previously. The camera with the 1.16 firmware said there was no valid card. The files were still there if I read it on the computer, the camera didn't recognize the card an earlier firmware version had formatted..<br>

<br />Just letting you know this could be a problem for you.</p>

<p>I think Ray is referring to upgrading the firmware on his old K-10D?<br>

<br />I imagine card is emptied on the computer, then re-formatted in-camera it might work. I seem to remember that when K10D was first released, it didn't have SDHD (>2GB SD) support, this was probably added later, perhaps this update caused a little trouble.</p>

<p>I did it right including using K5-BLACK, I had done this a number of times before on the k5 and k10d. Possibly they made some changes for HDXC that might have affected it. I did NOT use the card with the pictures for the upgrade, always format a new card in the camera first then copy in the .bin file so that's all there is on the card. Just a warning...</p>