PS CS4 trial version not seeing 5D2 RAWs

patflynn

<p>Hi All,<br>

I've been shooting with the 5D Mark II and for some time now have used Digital Photo Pro to edit and print my images. Yesterday I installed PS CS4 (uninstalled CS3 first) so that my RAWs would be recognized by Bridge and editable in PS. I contacted Adobe via phone to purchase the CS4 installation CD, and it's now coming in the mail; meanwhile upon their advice I downloaded the 30-day trial version off their website to get started.</p>

<p>My trouble is, I can't get Bridge to thumbnail my RAWs nor PS to open them - an error arrives saying "it is the wrong type of file." If I use a DPP-to-CS4 workflow I can get my 5D2 images into PS, but otherwise can not. And I'm baffled because I downloaded this "latest & greatest" version (11.0.1) from Adobe itself just yesterday - and I had thought that CS4 supported 5D2 RAWs right from its initial launch last year. Why should this be a shortcoming now?</p>

<p>I certainly assume that a driver is missing - does anyone know if this is purposely withheld from the trial version? Or otherwise know what I can do to fix this? The CS4 installation CDs should arrive next week which I assume will solve this, and I do have an adequate workaround meanwhile. But the problem is vexing enough for me to ask advice nonetheless. Anyone have any insight?...</p>