LF accesories off the shelf...

john_kasaian4

<p> ...and not from a camera store! What stuff you use from the market, drug store or discount big box?<br>

Post 'em here.<br>

I have several Betty Crocker mixing cups (from Walmart, IIRC) that serve as small graduates for mixing chemicals. Also in the dark room I store my stock solutions in amber glass Robetussin gallon jugs I got for free from a pharmacy. In my car trunk I'll keep both a white and a black shower curtain for isolating the back ground, softening the light, protection against rain, or even an emergency dark cloth. The Philips bit on a Swiss Army knife has come in handy on more than one occasion for tightening hardware. On short hikes I'll carry my camera kit in an Army Surplus store bought canvas 5 gallon water cooler bag which is padded as well. as insulated (and doesn't look like a camera bag!) 8x10 film holders are kept protected from dust in the big Brawny plastic zip lock bags from the market.<br>

So, what have you got going on?</p>

<p>I don't know if you could still find them, but I have used padded, zippered cloth bags made for CDs in jewel cases for years to store my 4x5 holders. There was a perfect size for holding 12 holders made by Case Logic, intended to hold 20 CDs in regular jewel cases. At the time, Calumet was selling something similar for about 4x the price.</p>

• 5 weeks later...
<p>Hello everyone. Since the mid 70's I have used the Igloo Playmate coolers for just about every piece of photo equipment. Adapted with spacers and padding, they are great for lenses and holders (pic 1). Developing chemicals can be raised/lowered to optimum temp's with very little water bath. (pic 2) The coolers can take some seriously brutal knocks and protect the insides. Also, they are great for a picnic lunch with a fine wine! Enjoy, Bill</p><div>00d7aT-554853984.JPG.7e05650f2ec296515fbc6530c19832ae.JPG</div>