Nikon d750 issues

bariphot

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

Last weekend ,during the wedding day , I had an issue with my brand new d750 (I have two of them, so with both). The preview image was coming with significant delay on the screen. I never had before on any of my Nikons(d4,d700). The cards I was using were good , proven Lexars, 600x.<br>

Another issue was , when at home I uploaded the images. One of the images wasn't loaded properly. In the LR I've got "an unexpected end of file occurred".<br>

Just wondering if anyone had those issues. </p>

<p>I have used two different D750 bodies and have experience none of those issues. One of those D750 has a dead GPS connection, which I have yet to send in for warranty repair. It is such a great camera that I have some difficulty to find a time slot not to use it for a couple of weeks while it is in repair, although I have many other Nikon DSLRs.</p>

<p>There is always some risk using brand new, not-totally-familiar equipment to shoot important events such as wedding. I have used one brand new D810 with all sorts of image corruption issues (after testing with well over 10 different CF and SD cards), but I think that was an isolated case, so is my D750 GPS issue. While image corruption could be a camera body issue, I would check for improper settings and bad memory cards first. A memory card could have worked fine before, but like all electronics, they can degrade and go bad over time.</p>

<p>I guess it could even be a software thing, if the file system is mangled. Did you format in the camera? I'd be interested if it goes away after a reformat. If the camera is detecting file errors and having trouble writing the file, I could believe this would manifest as a delay. Otherwise, bad luck with the timing - and I hope it's the camera, not the cards. It won't be the first time recently that Nikon has had a card compatibility glitch, so maybe a firmware update will appear at some point - I can't speak for those cards myself. So far, so good with my D810.<br />

<br />

[Edit: Cross-over with Michael.]</p>

<p>Yes, I did formatted the cards in the cameras. I "Googled" the ERROR issue and apparently it is the LR issue, will check it today.<br>

I did firmware upgrade today for both cameras , will check if the issue will be resolved.<br>

Thanks everyone for the imput</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Is the not-so-important but widely published flare issue -emanating from the AF unit- when the camera appeared solved by now?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>As far as I am concerned, that was never an issue at all. It is mainly internet legend that forced Nikon into a recall, after a lot of bad publicity from the D600 oil on sensor issue. My D750 has a serial number in the affected range and I could never reproduce that "issue," unless I shine a flashlight directly into the lens and move it up and down so that I could generate the issue from a certain angle. In real-life photography, even I tried to shoot into the sun in some back lit situations, I could never create the problem.</p>

<p>I was going to ignore the recall, but since my D750 has a dead GPS connection from the beginning, I eventually need to send it in for repair before the warranty runs out at the end of the year. Other than the GPS issue, my D750 works great.</p>

<p>I don't think I ever saw a photo where that flare happened, except ones where people were trying to create it to demonstrate its existence. But yes, they fixed it. Any D750 you buy new from a Nikon dealer should not have it, and if you do have a camera with the flare you can get Nikon to remove it. <a href="http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/i4xzkqns/Technical-Service-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D750.html">Click here</a>.</p>

<p>"Another issue was , when at home I uploaded the images. One of the images wasn't loaded properly. In the LR I've got "an unexpected end of file occurred".<br>

I had this issue as well when I first purchased my 750. However, it has disappeared with LR6 and the newest LR updates.<br>

<br /> </p>

<p>I had the same problem you've described, D750 with Lexar cards. The strange part was that it started happening with alarming frequency six months after I bought the camera and cards. I did some looking online and the suggestion was a problem with the Lexar cards with some Nikon bodies. I switch to Sandisk cards and haven't had the problem since.</p>

• 4 weeks later...